Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wild Yeast Bread (continued)

Well - I forgot to take pics of the dough this morning..but I did remember to take some of the results before they were all gone!

I made the dough last night before going to bed and let it rise overnight. I punched it down this morning and added a bit more flour and water and let it rise another 5 or 6 hours. It was looking great by then and when I pushed down on it, the spring was there and so I figured it was ready to bake.

I had added some grated cheese to the dough and so I was deciding on the type of bread I was going to make. We decided on buns - whole wheat cheese buns.

They turned out great!

The little brown bits are the cheese that melted on the outside of the bun when baking. Yummy!

I formed them into balls, scored and set aside to rise for 15 minutes, while the oven heated up. I used a perforated pan to have a crispier crust and sprayed the buns with water just before putting them in the oven.





They baked for 10 minutes on 450 and then for another 8 minutes on 425. They came out perfect - just what you would expect.

The taste is really nice as well - the whole wheat and you can almost smell the raisins in the crust, just a hint of the fruit in the crust.

No comments: